dialog - select the
train cars from a list, set order of train cars, duplicate cars,
* Train setup is saved with your drawing. After
saving, when you open your drawing again and go to Runrail, the
trains and cars will go back to where they were
when last saved. When switching from Runrail to Drawing mode and
back, the train setup is restored.
New Open Multiple Drawings
- Rotate Lines and
Line Figures about +-X, Y or Z axis (replaces Figure-Flip UP.)
*Copy and Paste between drawings using the
New 3d Drawing Tools
* Shape Builder easily creates 3d shapes.
* Rotate about 3 axis (x, y, z - replaces
Figure-Flip Up). Now you can rotate by any amount in 3
* Draw in Side Views.
New Object End Caps
* specify Arrow, Diamond etc for object ends.
Set on layer/style properties tool bar.
* How figures are defined has changed. Each
figure is now embedded within another by reference.
* Easily edit embedded figures within a parent
without needing to un-define the figure.
* Figures can be viewed and manipulated in the
drawing manger drawing tree (replaces Work Sheet). Edit embedded
objects using the drawing tree, without un-defining the figure.
* Total undo/redo restored for all embedded
* Shape Builder – Easily create 3d cubes,
* New Gradient fills.
* A second Create, Delete, Elevate button added
to Edit Tool Group.
Improved Export Bitmap Dialog
* Now easier to define the bitmap.
Improved Trace Bitmap
* Bitmap is anchored to and scales with drawing.
* Set your own size and location within the
Improved Drawing Graphics
* Anti-aliasing (no "jaggies").
* Styles - Line Width option: fixed or scalable.
Scalable Widths change with drawing view size.
* New hatch pattern fills available on all line
* Dashed line improved, can now set any width,
new patterns - mix any combination.
* Text quality improved.
* Overall drawing appearance improved.
* Overall quality improved.
* Grid improved and defined separately for print
* Scrollable Preview.
* Drawing Preferences and Cadrail Preferences
* Right Mouse Button- popup menu with basic
* Drawing tool bar improved: drag the drawing
tool bar header to move the tool bar on the screen-drop into
upper left drawing screen corner to dock again.
* Use scroll button on mouse to scroll plan and
* Turn ON/OFF the Instruction Line and
Coordinates/View tool bar (bottom) on Options menu.
* Help File now includes the complete manual. New HTML help
format is much improved. Better searching,
-Shows all tools making it easier to select a
tool and eliminates steps. Several tools combined into one.
-Ctrl+RMB moves drawing tool bar to click
-New item on RMB popup menu to move
drawing tool bar to click point
-New button appears upper left when Drawing
Toolbar is moved.. Button returns Drawing Toolbar to upper left
-New shortcut key Ctrl+X returns Drawing
Toolbar to upper left home.
-New Arc From 3 Points tool.
New Auto-Select: creation tools will highlight
the new object in freehand edit mode when auto select is on (top
tool bar bar button next to auto trim). Use the tool normally to
create and object or drag the the handles to freehand edit. Thus
eliminatesclicking free-hand edit in some cases.
New Auto- Update: When you start Cadrail it will
now check for new updates from Sandia's web site. You can disable
this feature using menu item OPTIONS - PREFERENCES. On the
Preferences dialog select the PROGRAM SETUP tab and uncheck the item
CHECK FOR UPDATES ON STARTUP. You can also check for updates
manually using the menu item OPTIONS - CHECK FOR UPDATES.
-Edit Dual Use tools - All edit tools now dual
use when appropriate and located at top of drawing tool bar
-Arc between lines, line/arc, arc/arc tools have
been combined into one tool - ARC FILLET based on objects
-Line Rectangle/Line Multiple - alt+ to
make figure, ctrl+ for elevation
-Line between points tool eliminated - use Line
-Line Project tool eliminated – use Line
-Arc Project tool eliminated – use Arc Tangent
-Point on line, point on arc combined into on
one tool POINT ON LINE or ARC based on object selected
-Elevate, Popup: works with single object or
figure (was Figure only)
-Figure tools now located within the Edit tool
-Figure Add tool combined with Figure Create.
Use Figure create for new or add to Figure.
-Figure Polyline - combined with Line -Multiple
use ctrl+ Line Multiple to create figure and enter elevation
-Object/Figure editor - new fill child
figures checkbox fills when checked or unfills if unchecked
- new Merge Child Figures button (upper
left of dialog).
-Layer/Styles Editors: changed behavior when
deleting layers or styles. Now any objects using the layer/style
to be deleted will be changed to the current drawing
Improved: Turnout, yard, shape builder combined
into one Shape Builder dialog found on Options menu and labels tool
bar. Behavior changed where you no longer click an object with the
tool. Object is inserted in the drawing center.
Improved: AutoTrim, AutoAlign, AutoSelect check
state saved with Cadrail program settings.
Improved: Units label on bottom tool bar - click
for preferences dialog which allows units to be changed
Updated documentation manual and program help